Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What Now?


Mom has been gone for nine days now. I find it really hard to write or think or talk about Mom. I just can't believe she's gone. On Monday aftgernoon, she was improving and the doctros expected to send her home on Thursday. Then Monday night I was called back to the hospital. I raced to get there and just got to hold her hand for a minute. Mom overcame so many things and bounced back form everything that I really expected her to bounce back once more.

Mom has been the rock of our family for so long. And caregiving, and especially Mom, has been the main focus of my life for so long. Now all I can think of is that my life is so empty.

Mom was SO happy just to have me around the house. I had hoped to be retired before now and to be able to spend some time with Mom. I had hoped to do some minor fix ups on the house and to spend more time just talking to Mom.

When I told Mom that I wanted her to stick around for a while yet she said, "What?! Do you expect me to live forever?" I didn't want to let go. I am glad that she no longer has to endure the pain. I am thankful that she had a peaceful, easy passing. But, oh, I miss her so much!

No comments: