Saturday, April 09, 2011

There's Always One More Thing

I remember thinking that I would never again book three appointments in one week because it made me crazy. Never say never. This past week I had three appointments before Friday, when I had five on one day. Needless to say, I took the entire day off from work to do this.

On Monday, I took time to turn in my retirement paperwork. I felt such an overwhelming sense of relief and lightness once I did this. My official retirement date is May 28th. I am dealing with an increased number of doctor's visits for Mom and lack of time to take care of my own health. And I really feel like I am not working at my job at the level I expect of myself. I find myself wishing that I had done this earlier.

We are still fighting Mom’s pressure sore problems. It gets better and then gets a little worse. This was one of our Friday appointments. The doctor prescribed another ointment and said he is going to schedule a home health nurse to come out. I hope that this will be a good thing. It feels like I am failing at my job of taking care of Mom. But I just want to be sure that this heals.

Fortunately, our first three Friday appointments were all at the same place. On the way home from these, I had a minor accident. Going around a curve, there was a big commercial truck pulling a heavy equipment trailer in the lane next to me. The trailer swung out a little too far and hit the right rear of my vehicle. No one was hurt and my car is drivable, but it took a more than an hour on scene to deal with the paperwork and then another hour on the phone. And I had to re-schedule the afternoon appointments. The most difficult thing for me is the extra time off from work and the extra hassle I will have to deal with to get the car fixed. I just don't want to deal with one more thing.


No comments: